Prev: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of? Next: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 22:58:23 EST
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:54:17 -0500 Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
writes:
>At 10:40 AM -0600 2/1/02, DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
>>OI!
>>
>>AS A FORMER, KNUCKLE DRAGGING, SLOPING  FOREHEAD,  PROFESSION -AL
>>KILLER, I AM FLATTERED THAT SOME ONE	FINALLY REALIZES WHAT A RARE
>AND
>>VALUBLE  SPECIES WE ARE!
>>
>>REMF'S  NEED TO BE ARMED, of course, but with the  exception of the
>>engineers and the military police  types who often find themselves
>>performing  grunt functions when the feces hits the fan, i do not see
>>the  need for first line combat weaponry for them. . . .
>

>[snip]
>
>Have you seen the FN P-90? Its FN after all. It must work at least
>moderately well as all of their other products.

No, but if it works really well, say half as well as promoted, that
would
be wonderful (and a first in some ways)!

As an active USAF medic (7 years, 3 months, 12 days) and a USAR type for
3 years (76Yankee although they kept telling me I was the acting Armorer
[See * ] )  I would have appreciated a PDW that actually could 'stop'
(such a nice euphemism for kill) an enemy soldier attacking my location.

M16's *are* awkward true.  Difficult to work on a plane, a truck or a
patient while trying to  keep track of a weapon the size of an M-16 from
what I understand.  I don't think it would be practical, sooner or later
you would start putting it somewhere "near by" and not have it close
when
you need it.

One of my NCO's was in RVN and on arrival was issued a .38, a booklet on
how to use and clean same, 6 loose rounds and two speed loaders.  He
promptly put it in the armory (since he had never fired one) and traded
'some stuff' to a Marine for an "extra"  M-16.	Said it was awkward
keeping track of it but it came in handy during Tet when he actually
fired it at some rather reluctant VC at intervals until the regular (or
in his words "real" ) combat troops showed up.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

 * (a concept that make our Drill Sergeants who knew my background very
solicitous in helping try and keep our M-16's 'acceptable')

Oh and these dinosaurs were true M-16's not M16-A1's. Shudder.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of? Next: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[