Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:26:12 -0500
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

At 10:19 AM -0800 2/1/02, Brian Bilderback wrote:

>Very interesting.  I'm at work, so I can't look too closely at
>weapons web sites (especially while mumbling to myself).  How
>comparable is it's performance to, say, the MP-5 series?  Would it
>be an appropriate option for Spec Ops, and if so, as which - an SMG,
>an AR, or a hybrid?

The ballistics are far faster and offer better penetration than the
9mm and 45 based MP5s. They don't have the same frangiblility as
those do. I'd like to see ballistic gelatin tests. However, given the
penchant for Spec ops types to go for head shots, I'd not give much
in the way of odds of survival of one of these rounds ripping through
one's skull.

The Suppressed version is very useful for special ops. The point man
on the entry team that went into the Japanese Embassy in Peru was
armed with a P90. The P-90 is somewhere between the pistol round
length and the rifle round length of the M16. Its in the same weird
ground that the shorter M16 round was when it was introduced folloing
the long time use of the full length .30 caliber rounds (7.62 and
30.06).

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			       '72 Honda CB750 -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill	      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
- C&R-FFL - /	Protect Freedom AND Security	  \	       -
-    NRA   /  http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/   \ DoD #0780 -

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON