Prev: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of? Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

RE: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:17:55 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

On Friday, February 01, 2002 9:38 AM, Roger Burton West
[SMTP:roger@firedrake.org] wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 09:33:03AM +1100, Robertson, Brendan wrote:
> >Changing modes costs 1 endurance with no restriction on which mode is
> >changed to.
>
> Umph! I'm not happy with that, I'm afraid - going by the primary
> sources, mode changes don't deplete any of the vehicle's resources,
they
> just aren't something you do unless you have a reason to.
>
> >Generally, you would start the battle in Interceptor mode, change to
> >Standard mode once the fighter screens are thinned out but still risk
of
> >dogfight, and change to Attack mode once there is no fighter threat
left.

> This works.
>
> >They'd probably need to be long range as well to make them useful
(another
> >+1 point).
>
> Not if mode changes are free.
>
> Roger

It was more as a play balance factor above and beyond the points cost.
ie: A squadron tries to attack a starship in Attack mode; oops, incoming
fighters, better change back to Interceptor mode until we get rid of
them.

Brendan

Prev: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of? Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?