Prev: Re: How much does FTL travel cost? Next: Re: Steam engines was Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

shiptool v0.16 has been released

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 00:06:26 +0000
Subject: shiptool v0.16 has been released

It's been a while since the last release of shiptool, because v0.15 was
pretty stable and had most of the features I wanted... or so I thought.
I've just uploaded v0.16, which has the following new features:

The fleet SSD printer (fleet2ps) now takes account directly of the
printable
area of your output device; there's a test file to print to let you
determine this. It also adds fighter control boxes (check-boxes for CEF
and surviving fighters) to any ship that's carrying them.

The fleet editor now has automatic ship naming (no, you still have to
_give_ it the names, but you can now store them in files). Also,
fighters for Kra'Vak and Sa'Vasku are now limited to the types available
to those races.

Throughout the system, I've added support for ortillery, the
minelayer/minesweeper systems, and MT missiles (using Alan Brain's post
of 27 September 2001 as a guide to the conversion). The symbols for Long
Lance and Misericorde missiles are mine, but are I think intuitive (an
emphasis of the section of the missile with enhanced capability).

The suite is written in Perl/Tk (easily available on most Unix systems;
downloadable from ActiveState for Windows) and includes full
documentation.

http://firedrake.org/roger/ft/

As always, if you want features I haven't provided or if you find buts,
please get in touch.

Prev: Re: How much does FTL travel cost? Next: Re: Steam engines was Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS