Prev: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?) Next: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

DS2 (Was [FT] ) Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:34:55 -0800
Subject: DS2 (Was [FT] ) Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

Alan Brain Wrote:

> > Here's my transforming fighter proposal...
>
> > The fighter has three modes: Fighter, Gerwalk and Battroid. It is
not
> > possible to change directly between F and B modes; one intermediate
turn
> > must be spent in G mode. A mode change must be plotted at the same
time
> > as ship movement, and takes effect immediately (before fighter
> > movement); it is assumed that the entire fighter group changes mode
> > simultaneously. Mode changes do not consume CEF. However, multimode
> > fighters may only be launched from ships in their F mode (thus using
> > conventional hangar bays).
>
>I like the basic concept, but it's too complex with lots of additional
>rules.
>
>How about the following simplification:
>
>F mode - behaves like an interceptor
>G mode - behaves like a standard fighter.
>B mode - behaves like an attack fighter.

*Sigh* I hate the whole converta-fighter (a la Robotech Verifighter or
Battletech LAM), although in younger days I was ga ga over them.  But if
we
MUST... how about in DS2 the same fighter is:

F Mode:  Aerospace Fighter
G Mode:  VTOL
B Mode:  Combat Walker

With some sort of bonus to hit them during the turn they convert.  The
big
question is how to cost them (Which isn't my problem, since I won't use
them).

2B^2

Prev: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?) Next: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?