Prev: Re: How much does FTL travel cost? Next: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:09:33 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

Alan Brain wrote:

> >>In summary: make em more fragile, add some more beams and maybe
screens
> >>with the saved weight. Standardise on armour = 1 row of hull ( so 16
hull -
> >>4 armour).
> >
> >How about 20% hull, 10% armour? that's just my personal preference :)
>
>Would make em toast in the hands of the KV. The estimable Oerjan thinks
>that even 20/5 is too much armour, but as in my experience the K-1 does
>as much as the rest put together, I disagree. But I play cinematic.

I usually play Cinematic too, Alan... but I've specialized in using
high-manoeuverability fleets with heavy (F)-arc armaments for the past
eight years or so, which may skew my opinion <g>

In Vector, where the KV get to fire their main gun more often, 5 armour
20 hull is definitely too much.

10 armour to 20 hull only works against K-guns if you have Phalon-style
multi-layered armour, and that's true in both movement systems.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: How much does FTL travel cost? Next: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?