Prev: Re: OICW Next: Steam Engines was How much does FTL travel cost?

Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:28:36 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

Alan E Brain wrote:

> Correct, it's 2 when in a rack. 1 from a (3-mass) launcher.

Wouldn't mass 2 launcher make more sense? 4 mass for 2 missiles in
either a rack or launcher, then you have a mass savings from the third
missile on.

> "EMP" - EMP warhead, endurance 1 (causes an additional threshold on
(3+Scr) or above, plus 1 pt, so an EMP vs SCR-2 target needs a 5+. 3
EMPs affecting a ship in one turn would cause a single 4+ threshold if
it was undamaged, a 3+ if it had lost 1 row etc)

Is this different then the MT book? EMP missiles there have 3 endurance.

> In summary: make em more fragile, add some more beams and maybe
screens with the saved weight. Standardise on armour = 1 row of hull (
so 16 hull -> 4 armour).

How about 20% hull, 10% armour? that's just my personal preference :)

> A SuperDread with 4 Beam-4s, and thrust-4 so it can keep em bearing,
> that's scary. It may or may not be effective, but like Yamato/Musashi,
it's
> terrifying.

Spinal mount baby. :) I'm still of the mind of huge beams backed with
swarms of missiles.

Prev: Re: OICW Next: Steam Engines was How much does FTL travel cost?