Prev: colonial weapons Next: Ursa Major Coloniser's Handbook

RE: Re: colony size was 1900's

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:30:17 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: colony size was 1900's

At 11:42 AM +0100 1/30/02, KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:
>Well, in this whole thread, very little has been said about actual coly
>sizes. My impression was that most people on this thread thought in
>terms of wilderness planets with very thinly scattered populations.

I asked Beth to calculate population figures for various planets of the
Islamic Federation.  Using the optimistic (high pop) figures, it ranged
IIRC from Dar es Salaam about 700,000 up to Misr Jadid (New Egypt) at
about 9 million.  This includes forced emigration (the "colonist
recruiting parties" have machineguns to encourage people to
volunteer)--don't recall whether it includes depletion from KV Wars,
don't think it does.  Misr Jadid was much more heavily populated than
any of the others, I think Arabiya Jadid only had a couple million.

Prev: colonial weapons Next: Ursa Major Coloniser's Handbook