Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: Re: Speaking of verdammt pet peeves!

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:20:16 +0100
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Karl Heinz wrote:

> >Gunpowder:
> >75% potassium nitrate
> >15% carbon
> >10% sulfur
>
>carbon (in the form of charcoal) can reasonably easily be produced
(assming
>you have wood and oxygen).
>Potassium nitrate and sulfur exist as mineral deposits. Lucky if you
find
>them nearby. Otherwise oyu would have to trade with other parts of the
>planet.

Potassium is fairly easy to get - the "latin" name comes from "Pot
Ash"...
you can make it from the ash of certain kinds of wood - IIRC ash wood
:-/

Nitrate - well, everyone needs to pee.

Sulfur might be harder though, I don't know :-/

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: Re: Speaking of verdammt pet peeves!