Prev: Re: colonial weapons (chip fabs and colony math) Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:40:26 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

At 2:34 PM +0000 1/30/02, Jeremey Claridge wrote:
>Hello
>
>I've been toying around with a bizarre idea
>for FT.
>This may well have been done before (I haven't looked through the
>archive).
>Ok here goes. A launcher system that fires out vacuum suited troopers
>who have jet packs to propel themselves short distances to enemy
>ships. Once attached to the out side of the ship they can act in
>a similar way to needle beams.

So marines are so plentiful in your navy that they are willing to be
shot out of tubes like missiles. How many will get to a target? How
many will miss and go floating off like Major Tom?

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			       '72 Honda CB750 -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill	      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
- C&R-FFL - /	Protect Freedom AND Security	  \	       -
-    NRA   /  http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/   \ DoD #0780 -

Prev: Re: colonial weapons (chip fabs and colony math) Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?