Prev: Re: In praise of St Jon. Next: Re: Re: FT-IJN Designs?

Re: PERRY RHODAN!

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:22:37 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: PERRY RHODAN!

DAWGFACE47@webtv.net schrieb:

> KARL, what a blast from the past!
>
> when i was a soldier in germany in the 60s, i discovered
> those PERRY RHODAN monthly (or weekly) paperbacks!

Weekly.
Pulp Novels is a better description.

> and later, the ACE paperback translations.
>
> i even rmember a PERRY RHODAN movie or too.

There seems to have been only one. Never seen it. Apparently pretty
dreadful.

> is PERRY RHODAN still around in germany?

Still going strong. They have reached issue 2109 by now, Year 3000+
something of the future history. Most of the major characters are still
alive, include those who first set foot on the Moon with Perry Rhodan
in the 1970's.

They had some heavily philosophical New Ageish phases (most of which I
didn't read), but are back to good ol' Space Opera. The recent
storyline featured a battle for Sol between Terra and the Arkonides
with several ten thousand (yes, 10.000!) battleships a side.

They have a spiffy website at:
http://www.perry-rhodan.net/
Mostly in German, but they have an international section at:
http://www.perry-rhodan.net/html/i/international.html

Greetings

Prev: Re: In praise of St Jon. Next: Re: Re: FT-IJN Designs?