Prev: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of? Next: Re: In praise of St Jon.

Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:03:58 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

On 1/30/02 6:34 AM, "Jeremey Claridge" <jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Mad? yes probably.

Yes.

> Ok these are the very draft (or daft!) rules.
> 6 troopers per marker (same as fighters)
> Move in fighter movement phase
> Movement 4" (no endurance factor)

The unlimited endurance doesn't sit well with me, even if they don't
have a
secondary move. They can float around the board forever.

Also, how do you note the shortage of crew for potential future boarding
actions?

> Can attach to any ship within 2" after ship movement.
> Can be fired at by PDS as per normal rules.
> Once attached, each turn roll damage same as a needle beam
> attack on ship.

How are you going to determine what systems can be damaged from the
outside
of a vessel?

Prev: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of? Next: Re: In praise of St Jon.