Prev: Re: colony size was 1900's Next: Re: colonial weapons

Re: Tanks. Speaking of verdammt pet peeves!

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:38:53 -0000
Subject: Re: Tanks. Speaking of verdammt pet peeves!

----- Original Message -----
From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 1:11 AM
Subject: Speaking of verdammt pet peeves!

SNIP
> Shall we count the nations that produce Main Battle
> Tanks, boys and girls?  Remember there are 130-mumble
> nations recognized by the UN:
>
> US
> UK
> France
> FRG
> fUSSR (IIRC, their tank production is mostly in Russia
> and Ukraine, not sure on this).
> PRC
> Japan
> Korea
> Egypt (which recently started assembling their own
> M-1s from kits, IIRC)
> Israel
> South Africa
>
> Ummm. . . The Swiss and the Swedes have built tanks in
> the past but I don't think they do anymore.  The
> Argentinians build a tank, but it's really not an MBT
> in the proper sense.	IIRC, the Indians have a tank??
> Not sure about that.	North Koreans turn out light
> tanks at least.
>
> There may be more that I've missed, but I don't think
> so.
>
> John

India does indeed build tanks -Vijayantas (Vickers MBT) in the past,
T72s
now and T90s in future as their own Arjun turned out to be a
"disappointment".
Brazil can make their own Osorio tanks;
Poland, former Czechoslovakia and former Yugoslavia build ex-Soviet
types
too.
Italy can build MBTs - the Ariete.

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: colony size was 1900's Next: Re: colonial weapons