Prev: Re: In praise of St Jon. Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

[FT] New weapon system..sort of?

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:34:44 +0000
Subject: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

Hello

I've been toying around with a bizarre idea
for FT.
This may well have been done before (I haven't looked through the
archive).
Ok here goes. A launcher system that fires out vacuum suited troopers
who have jet packs to propel themselves short distances to enemy
ships. Once attached to the out side of the ship they can act in
a similar way to needle beams.

Mad? yes probably.

Ok these are the very draft (or daft!) rules.
6 troopers per marker (same as fighters)
Move in fighter movement phase
Movement 4" (no endurance factor)
Can attach to any ship within 2" after ship movement.
Can be fired at by PDS as per normal rules.
Once attached, each turn roll damage same as a needle beam
attack on ship.
If only 1-3 troopers left alive then damage caused only on a roll of 6
and no additional damage other than the system damage is suffered.

During PDS fire, only the ship affected can attempt to rid itself
of the troopers. A roll of 6 kills only 1 trooper anything less misses.

Obviously this type of mission is suicide but it could fit within
certain political scenarios (prisoner units, clones bred for this
purpose etc.) It could also fit for alien insect style races with
expendable troopers.

Comments encouraged. (no klingon remarks please :)

Jeremey Claridge
germ@germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: In praise of St Jon. Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?