Prev: Re: In praise of St Jon. Next: Re: Pounds, Shillings, and Pence

Re: In praise of St Jon.

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:58:43 -0500
Subject: Re: In praise of St Jon.

>      The only problem I have is when he told me what the final cost
is he
> gave it to me in X Pounds, Y Shillings.  What is a Shilling?

"A fraction of a pound."  Given that a pound is about $1.50 (more or
less, haven't looked lately) and that your credit card will convert it
to dollars, I'd say don't worry about it.

By the way, as I understand it, if you don't have an expiration date
for a card, you can put in the current month--as long as the date you
put is less than the month on the card, the transaction will go

Prev: Re: In praise of St Jon. Next: Re: Pounds, Shillings, and Pence