Prev: [DS/SG]CAV images Next: Re: Stargate the Movie and SG-1 TV series

Re: Convoy Escort Carriers (ACVE)

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:31:12 -0800
Subject: Re: Convoy Escort Carriers (ACVE)

Glenn M Wilson wrote:

> Thinking outside the box, what if a small power had a small carrier
> designed for escorting Convoy formations (during periods of raids and
> pirate activity, for high value cargo, VIP escort, other odd jobs.)
For
> the purposes of my question i am going to assume something with a hull
> integrity of 2 (a converted merchantman design perhaps) since it's not
> going to be going toe to toe with the pirates/raiders but using it's
> fighters and, possibly some of the traditional Convoy Escorts
(Frigate,
> Corvettes and 'light' escorts) to defend the convoy.

If you're looking for an anti raider ship, say a Qship, you could use a
converted freighter that had figher bay modules added instead of cargo
modules.

Mass = 103
Cost = 382
Thrust = 2
FTL = Normal
Hull = Fragile, Military
CrewFactors = 6
DP = 10
----  Damage Row Breakdown  ----
O*O
*O*
O*
**
Weapons and Such
#	Name
1	PDS
8	Empty Fighter Bay

Prev: [DS/SG]CAV images Next: Re: Stargate the Movie and SG-1 TV series