Prev: Re: RPG STATISTICAL ANALYSIS! Next: Re: colonial weapons

Re: colonial weapons

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 19:11:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: colonial weapons

--- Tomb <tomb@dreammechanics.com> wrote:

> 1) We won't have a laser rifle deployed by 2015.
> Taking bets their won't
> be a laser rifle design that is fully operable in at
> least limited
> operational deployment by 2015 within the USAF (even
> if it is in sniper
> or some special service role)? In front of hundreds
> of witnesses, I'll
> put $100 USD on it if you are a betting man. I

My statement was that they would not have begin
fielding a laser weapon intended for line service.
After all, your comparison was to an Enfield, not a
sniper rifle.

I doubt that they'll have even a sniper rifle, though.

Gold is trading at $282.00 per oz, right now
(commodity price for gold bullion according to Monex).
 So $100 US, that's .354 oz of gold.  On 1 Jan 2015,
if there is an unclassified deployment of an
operational man-portable laser weapon not intended for
use in vacuum by the US Armed Forces, I will remit to
you .354 oz of gold, converted into the currency of
your choice, provided we are both still alive and
communicating in any form.  I don't think $100 US will
be quite such a significant sum in 13 years.

John

Prev: Re: RPG STATISTICAL ANALYSIS! Next: Re: colonial weapons