Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: Re: colonial weapons

Re: colonial weapons

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:28:09 +0900
Subject: Re: colonial weapons

The 24 pounds number is nothing to be scared of.
Take a look at other laser applications, or even general electronics,
and you'll see that the 1st-generation prototypes are always orders of
magnitude larger/heaver/more expensive than the 3rd or 4th generation
units.

I'm not saying they will ever enter service, but a 24-pound 1st
generation design is not especially scary.

Roger Books wrote:

> > Sure.  And if it's in service in a mere decade, I'll
> > eat my hat.  That thing has enough bells and whistles
> > to guarantee that it will NEVER be maintainable by
> > real live soldiers, and besides it weighs 24 lbs.
>
> 24lbs?  Holy Sh*t batman.  Does it come with an integral
> tripod?

=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120

Prev: Re: colonial weapons Next: Re: colonial weapons