Prev: Re: 2300 AD - GZG Next: Re: colonial weapons

Re: colonial weapons

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:21:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: colonial weapons

--- Scott Clinton <grumbling_grognard@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> I thought I heard some deer hunters at work (I live
> in Texas where EVERYBODY
> except me hunts deer it seems) talking about a
> "LASER sight" so-and-so
> bought last deer season.  Granted they were talking
> about a sporting sight.
> But if it can done today for sport why not in a
> decade or two for the
> military (you know, the guys with the mult-million
> dollar budgets)?

We don't need a laser sight on every weapon right now.
 And there are some available for those units that
need them.  But they aren't available to everyone for
a couple reasons.

1)Military technology used by actual warrior (ie: Not
the Navy, Air Force, or other aviators) lags about 1-2
decades behind the civillian world.

2)Most of those billions are wasted on new planes and
ships, not weapons used at under 1km range.

3)They still havn't made one that will stand up to the
abuse dished out by Joe Snuffy.

4)They aren't necessary.

John

Prev: Re: 2300 AD - GZG Next: Re: colonial weapons