Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: Re: OT: On keeping domesticated peeves as pets --> Re[2]: Colonists and Weapons

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:00:53 -0600
Subject: Re: Re: OT: On keeping domesticated peeves as pets --> Re[2]: Colonists and Weapons

----- Original Message -----
From: <laserlight@quixnet.net>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 1:42 PM
Subject: RE: Re: OT: On keeping domesticated peeves as pets --> Re[2]:
Colonists and Weapons

<flakmagnet72@yahoo.com>
wrote :

> > I thought that by definition a _pet_ peeve was your single most
> > prominent peeve. How can you have more than one most prominent
peeve?

> But you can have more than one pet (eg a dog, a hedgehog, and a
hamster)
simultaneously, right?	So "pet" merely designates a higher but not
necessarily exclusive status.  A "noble" peeve, so to speak, as opposed
lesser or "common" peeves.  The next step up, however, is not a "peeve"
but
a "pain", as in "a royal pain".

"a royal pain". In the parenting dictionary (unabridged) refers to a
teen
aged son....) I do however like the "noble" peeve classification...

Don

Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS