Prev: Re[2]: small carrier expense Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

OT: On keeping domesticated peeves as pets --> Re[2]: Colonists and Weapons

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:42:31 -0500
Subject: OT: On keeping domesticated peeves as pets --> Re[2]: Colonists and Weapons

I thought that by definition a _pet_ peeve was your single most
prominent peeve. How can you have more than one most prominent peeve?
If you have multiple peeves of equal prominence with no peeves above
those aformentioned peeves of equality, would that not indicate that
you do not, in fact have a "pet" peeve but merely a smattering of
peeves? (Is a groups of peeves a flock, herd, brood, pack, pride or
gaggle?)

pet
adj : preferred above all others and treated with partiality; "the
favored child" [syn: favored, favorite(a), favourite(a), preferred]

I guess someone could go through life always picking the peeve that's
currently got him peeved as his "pet" peeve, but that seems to be a
terribly
fickle and not entirely a fair way to treat one's peeves.  Peeves,
however annoying they may be, need love and attention like any other
pet.  They are not suited to being treated like herded animals such
sheep or cows.	Many a man who has attempted such a thing winds up
becoming chronically annoyed, irritable or contrary.  Colloquially
referred to as being "peevish" amongst those in the peeving world...

(Just nit-picking the pickers of nits, with due respect and humorous
intent.)

--
Best regards,
 Flak

Tuesday, January 29, 2002, 12:25:17 PM, John wrote:

JC> No offense intended, but the actual phrase is "the point is moot",
not "mute".