Prev: OT: Wanted: Barsoom Info Next: RPG STATISTICAL ANALYSIS!

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:40:25 -0500
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

At 3:34 AM +0000 1/29/02, Roger Burton West wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 05:16:09PM -0800, John Atkinson wrote:
> >--- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
> >> ad hoc militia or rebel vehicles and  aircraft would
> >> be rag tag civilian models pressed into service.
> >Which sometimes can be relatively effective, at least
> >for light vehicles.	I mean, is there really a lot to
> >choose between a civillian Land Rover and a military
> >Land Rover?
>
>The mounting post in the back for the Milan launcher, mostly. Generally
>more intensive maintenance, but that's a separate discussion.

Pretty Much. Sometime Land Rover made a different model for the Army,
but then, they'd turn around and sell them on the civilian market
too. ie the 101 FC iirc.

Then there are the MV collectors....they won't be as effective as the
real military guys, but they have their own Military Vehicles. Some
have their own APCs and such. I personally have a British Armored Car
(a 1:1 scale Daimler Ferret so to speak...).

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: OT: Wanted: Barsoom Info Next: RPG STATISTICAL ANALYSIS!