Prev: Re: FT/GZG Store: More Questions Next: Re[2]: non-FTL carriers/ships

Re: [OT] Coming to Europe for a couple of weeks ...

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:28:35 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] Coming to Europe for a couple of weeks ...

"nated@naxera.com" wrote:

> >real shame you are leaving on the 9th - on Feb 10th, there is Fantasy
> >Partizan in Newark, Notts - a show that would have been WELL worth
you
> >visiting... :-(
> >On a brighter note, you're welcome to call in on us if you're in this
part
> >of the country !
>
> Thanks Jon, Adrian, Karl, and John for the travel advice!
>
> Jon - How big is the Fantasy Partizan?

Not _BIG_ in terms of US shows like GenCon, but a decent-sized show for
the UK. I'd guess around 5-600 paying punters, 30+ traders and 20+
games.

> Can I play in some games there?

Yes. There are always plenty of good participation games, more than you
could play in a day.

http://www.innotts.co.uk/irregulars/partizan/partizan_main.html

> How far and
> what direction is it from London?  I'm trying to gauge if it's worth
> rearranging my travel ...

I think Paul covered this one as far as the train goes. Newark is
probably 2 1/2 hours from London by car (I'm around 30 miles SE of
London and allow 3 hours for the journey - plus a breakfast stop, of
course !).

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: FT/GZG Store: More Questions Next: Re[2]: non-FTL carriers/ships