Prev: Re: [FT] Thinking of new ship designs Next: Re: [DSII] Cheese it, Fellas! It's the cops!

Re: [FT] Wacky question

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:45:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Wacky question

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:
> Okay, a strange little question (from a strange
> little man) - Talking
> about System defense Ships:
>
> "Why not have a Non-FTL Carrier for system defense?"

You could, but they get expensive.  If I'm spending
that kind of money, I prefer System Defense Monitors.
34 armor boxes.  Not fun.  Will take forever to die.

> 1) Fighters have fuel constraints
> 2) Bases (Planet) are long transit times to and from
> combat

Not always true!  Combat in a system is based around
securing planets.  So you have to come to ME.  Which
means my Planetary Defense Wings will have plenty of
range.	Gotta remember, sea/space/air combat is not an
end to itself.

John

Prev: Re: [FT] Thinking of new ship designs Next: Re: [DSII] Cheese it, Fellas! It's the cops!