Prev: Convoy Escort Carriers (ACVE) Next: This is a GAMING list not a RELIGION list!

System defense ship designs

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:00:30 EST
Subject: System defense ship designs

Playing around with my little corner of the Tuffleyverse:

The NPC (original sanctioned colonists of the planets in the two star
systems I have my little wars in) have the biggest (and original) ship
yards in the systems.  The original designs were system defense
boats/cruisers under NAC sponsorship and Technically the "Coast Guard"
type force (name still has not jelled) is under delegated NPC authority
from the NAC and required to protect the various political faction
recognized by the NAC as "NAC constituent" (NPC, LLR, NEA - although
they
refuse to pay for the ships operations - ) members and "auxiliary/guest
tenants" (IJK, RRR)  groups but not the PHR 'cult' from outside threats.

The two designs I have come up with are the 'Patrol Boat" - CSAR, SAR,
Revenue cutter, anti-smuggler patrol (there have been ships intercepted
tied to groups within the NEA running WMD materials without
documentation,) and anti-piracy detection missions; the "Patrol cruiser"
design to act in 'short of war' anti-pirate or alien/outside forces
raider type missions (although the  border of that role has been gray
several times) or in combat support of the "Patrol Boats."  Needless to
say the ratio of PB to PC is high (10 to 2.)

PB
Hull Mass 30 (okay, it's a bit big but it was used as a  practice model
for later FTL light ship designs and the  ["Space Coast Guard" name TBD]
decided to use these non-FTL ships for their purposes.)
Integrity 3 (average) - 3/2/2/2 Hull boxes
Main Drive 4
FTL None
FCS 2
Beam 2, 3 arc  x 2;  F, FS, AS and F, FP, AP.
Beam 1 x  3
PDS 4 (used 'close in' (6") for ship to ship on occasion, damage on a 6,
1 point, no rerolls)
Armor 2 (2 armor boxes)

PC
Hull Mass 80
Integrity strong (4) - 8/8/8/8 Hull Boxes
Main Drive 6
FTL None
FCS - 2
Beam 2, 3 arc  x 4 (as above only in pairs)
Beam 1 x 4
PDS - 4 (used 'close in' (6") for ship to ship on occasion, damage on a
6, 1 point, no rerolls)
Armor 6 (6 armor boxes)

Comments solicited.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Convoy Escort Carriers (ACVE) Next: This is a GAMING list not a RELIGION list!