Prev: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers Next: Support your distributors

Re: Questions on Kra'Vax, Pant, and other things

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:34:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Questions on Kra'Vax, Pant, and other things

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> I understand Northern Alliance troops had a
> successful mounted charge
> vs Taliban tanks a couple of months ago.  I didn't
> see a whole lot of
> details on that, but I suspect that the lines of
> sight were pretty
> short and the tanks were probably lacking infantry
> escort.  Of course,
> anybody can kill a tank that doesn't have infantry
> support.

I also have a feeling that US air support and the
general incompetence of Taliban armored troops has
something to do with it as well.  These are basically
theology students--no real training (militarily
speaking).  They can operate an AK because, well,
anyone can operate an AK.  But tanks are slightly more
complex.

John

Prev: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers Next: Support your distributors