Prev: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down? Next: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

Re: Questions on Kra'Vax, Pant, and other things

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 14:18:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Questions on Kra'Vax, Pant, and other things

--- "David D. Taylor" <dtaylor@pce.net> wrote:

> 4)  Do I treat the riding beast as cavalry or as
> transports?  Do the
> Kra'Vak dismount to fight or fight mounted?

Probably uusually dismounting to fight, but capable of
executing a mounted charge when the situation calls
for it.  See Aussie Light Horse of WWI,
Polish/Roumanian/Russian/German cavalry of WWII, the
Phillipine Scouts, or any US cavalry from any time
period.  Actually fighting from mounts in a set piece
battle went out with the issuing of useful rifles to
all units.

Or they may be small units of scouts used for long
range recon patrols or just scouts for light infantry
units.	The Rhodesians and South Africans operated
units of this nature which were fairly sucessful.

John

Prev: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down? Next: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers