Prev: Re: [Semi-OT] Blackhawk Down Next: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 13:38:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

--- JRebori682@aol.com wrote:

> California just a few years ago, Didn't make any of
> them useful soldiers in a
> winning cause. Even well indoctrinated humans know

In point of fact, I can't recall very many winning
causes that used suicide troops.  BUT, then again,
we're talking Arabs here.  Suicide troops or not, they
don't have a real great post-gunpowder record.

> they can only do this
> once, unlike for example a banzai charge where there
> are going to be some
> survivors for next time. Its only good use is when
> the situation is
> desperate.

Sure.  It's not tactically sound.  It's also not
tactically sound to have an infantry squad with only
one sustained fire weapon per infantry squad.  But
it's reality of GZG-verse (The IFed units I just got
in the mail today include a few suicide bombers, as a
matter of fact) that the IFed routinely uses
"martyrs".  So. . .

IMHO, treat them as light artillery shells, detonated
at the player's option.  They also go boom when they
loose their nerve--ie, become broken.  They're ready
to go to Allah, the only thing their morale affects is
whether they keep their heads long enough to get close
enough to do some good.

> And parenthetically, while I have no problem with
> your playing with suicide
> bombers, its a little too close to home for me right
> now and maybe for some
> time. You might want to make sure none of your
> regular opponents have the
> same sort of problems with them. Just to avoid any
> unpleasant feelings at the
> table.

Hey, if you're playing ragheads oposite me, you intend
it to be a Holy War on my part anyway.	It's why Don
won't do it.

John

Prev: Re: [Semi-OT] Blackhawk Down Next: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers