Prev: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers Next: [DS2] Aerospace design question #1

Aero Design questions #2 and #2(a)

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:28:29 EST
Subject: Aero Design questions #2 and #2(a)

Same design - second question and related question:

Size 3, DFO x 1 (4 points,) SLAM/3 x 1(6 points - fixed mount,) GMS/H (4
points,) and (1 cap lost.)

The question was raised, "Can't the GMS fire 360 instead of straight
ahead?" [Referring to the fixed mount issue]

My Initial thought (without looking up the rules) was, "Well I suppose
that would be reasonable since the vehicular GMS fires 360 degrees."

Then I read Page 41, paragraph "ii)" which says "...Missiles may be
fired
at targets...a 30 [degree symbol] forward arc."  I found that acceptable
but not necessary logical (house rule time?) given the system represents
an entire "...launcher and supply of  missiles (as used on ground
vehicles"..."  Your comments are solicited.

And while we are at it - paragraph "i)" same page restricts 'fixed
mounts' to "...straight ahead...on the line of flight..."  again
personally acceptable but again **perhaps**  challengeable.  Comments
appreciated here also.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers Next: [DS2] Aerospace design question #1