Prev: RE: [SG] comparing SG Next: RE: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife

Re: [FT] I'm in love with Pulse Torpedoes (and tactics question)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:40:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] I'm in love with Pulse Torpedoes (and tactics question)

> > If escort ships are kept close to the things they're escorting,
then
> > they don't need such big drives; but I haven't seen designs for
> > low-thrust small ships.
> > So how do other people deploy them?

ash Shaulah strike craft, Mass 8, main drive 6, 1 hull, 1 FCS, 4 mass
of weapons.  The "four mass" part was carefully chosen--it could be 2
needles, 1 SMR, 2 MTM, 4 submunitions, or a B3.

You have three approaches: distractions, bombers and snipers.  A
distraction is in business mainly to keep the enemy from shooting at
your other ships--put needle beams are effective for getting his
attention, although I've had submunitions at 3" work quite effectively
as well.  Bombers carry missiles, run in, unload their freight, and
run out.  Snipers hang around out of the enemies arc, and chip away
with B3.

The key to using any of these is to have the room and the time to line
up your shot.  If you get behind him, you're okay.  If you're
impatient and cut in too soon, your squadron evaporates in a

Prev: RE: [SG] comparing SG Next: RE: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife