Prev: Re: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife Next: Re: [SG] Evil Empire

Re: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife - Stinging Tree URL

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 22:58:23 +1100
Subject: Re: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife - Stinging Tree URL

From: "Kevin Walker" <sage@chartermi.net>

> > OK, Hands up. How many of you thought this was a Furphy ( Australian
for
> > "Tall Story"?)
>
> He meekly raises his hand.  After the other Furpy what was I suppose
> think mate?

No worries. (BTW Etymology of Furphy - Mr Furphy manufactured water
tanks
used in Gallipoli - so any tall story told by Diggers to each other by
the water tanks became known as a "Furphy.")

"Crocadile Dundee" got something right: about trivial matters we
Bullshit
a lot. We especially like leading USAians up the garden path. The
important
stuff is spoken laconically.

I really, truly can see Colonials in the Tuffleyverse doing exactly the
same thing to the poor benighted Earthies.

P.S. BTW the Ogre stuff you've so kindly sent to me in the past got a
good
exercising today - I opened up the demo/participation OGRE game at 0930
and had to finish up when security kicked us out at 19:15. 7 straight
games, only 1 half-hour break at about 1700 when I just collapsed in
a screaming heap.
All participants had a great deal of fun.

P.P.S I thanked the crew who sent you those figs for Xmas. They're all
in they're 60s BTW - up here for Cancon.

Prev: Re: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife Next: Re: [SG] Evil Empire