Prev: Re: Genres & Backgrounds Next: Re: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav

Re: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 00:47:11 -0000
Subject: Re: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 10:01 PM

> >From: "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
> >To: "gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu" <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
> >Subject: RE: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW
> >Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:41:17 -0500
> >
> > >Ummm.... I haven't bought in a long time (hanging head in shame)
> >
> >a) Jon didn't say "thanks for buying some *recently*", that I
noticed.
> >b) If you still feel guilty, then "thanks for persuading your
friends,
> >neighbors, relatives, and passing strangers to buy some" :-)  It's a
bit
> >late (or early) to to specify "I want lead for Christmas" but it
works
> >well.
>
> I'm nigh unto saying damn the torpedoes.  But I have a question.  I
want
> start playing FT.  Besides FT itself, wqhat do I need to be up to date
per
> rules (Not necessarily designs)?  Does MT add supplemental rules, or
replace
> certain rules, or both?  What about the Fleet Books?	Alll designs, or
rules
> revisions too?  It can be daunting to think of needing many books at
once
> (although I've been offered help in that regard).  I might suggest the
> creation by GZG of a compendium - an advanced version of FT that
includes
> the revisions and additions of rules from the other books.  Not only
would
> it help a rookie get into the game, it might be a handy reference for
you
> seasoned spacer.
>
> 2B^2

FT and FB1 are a pretty good start- I thought I'd hate vector until I
tried
it, and SMLs are fun too.  Add the revised design system, and I think
you'd
enjoy it even without the design\background, which is also most
enjoyable.

As to finance- you could deny yourself some luxury to justify the
expenditure.  I've been denying myself food, and now have a reasonable
FT
and DS collection.  I'm now too weak to lift a corvette, but scurvy
isn't so
bad once you get used to it... :-)

Rob Paul, wrestling with the urge to buy those Japanese

Prev: Re: Genres & Backgrounds Next: Re: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav