Prev: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

Re: Genres & Backgrounds

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 00:36:48 -0000
Subject: Re: Genres & Backgrounds

----- Original Message -----
From: Hudak, Michael <mihudak@state.pa.us>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 7:49 PM

> > St Jon^3 said:
> > >* FYI, Six Mile Bottom is a real village not that far from
> > here..... ;-)
> >
> > My hometown (Dugspur, Virginia) sounds quaint enough, but
> > there's a place in Arkansas that has us beat:
> >  Toad Suck Ferry Lock and Dam.
> >

> Then there's all the Pennsylvania ones that ECC attendees should be
familiar
> with....
>
> Intercourse, Bird In Hand, Blueball
>
> Somewhere around here (I think more towards State College) we have the
> Village of Burnt Cabins.  I always liked that name.
>
> We now return you to your normal GZG discussions.  ;-)

A mate of mine used to work on Innovation Boulevard, Saskatoon,
Saskatchewan.
Didn't some locals in Dorset object to the Post Office's idea for a
postal
address- That part with many tiny villages with such names as Tolpuddle
and
Piddletrenthide? The PO wanted to use "Piddlepuddle">

Prev: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?