Prev: Re: [OT] Coming to Europe for a couple of weeks ... Next: Re: [SG] Evil Empire

RE: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:43:12 +0000
Subject: RE: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW

>>From: "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
>>To: "gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu" <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
>>Subject: RE: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW
>>Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:41:17 -0500
>>
>> >Ummm.... I haven't bought in a long time (hanging head in shame)
>>
>>a) Jon didn't say "thanks for buying some *recently*", that I noticed.
>>b) If you still feel guilty, then "thanks for persuading your friends,
>>neighbors, relatives, and passing strangers to buy some" :-)	It's a
bit
>>late (or early) to to specify "I want lead for Christmas" but it works
>>well.
>
>I'm nigh unto saying damn the torpedoes.  But I have a question.  I
want to
>start playing FT.  Besides FT itself, wqhat do I need to be up to date
per
>rules (Not necessarily designs)?  Does MT add supplemental rules, or
replace
>certain rules, or both?  What about the Fleet Books?  Alll designs, or
rules
>revisions too?  It can be daunting to think of needing many books at
once
>(although I've been offered help in that regard).  I might suggest the
>creation by GZG of a compendium - an advanced version of FT that
includes
>the revisions and additions of rules from the other books.  Not only
would
>it help a rookie get into the game, it might be a handy reference for
you
>seasoned spacer.

That's exactly what FT3 will be, when I get the time!!	;-)

For now, you need FT itself, and ideally FB1 if you can stretch that far
(it has some new rules, and the revised design system); you only really
need to add FB2 if you want the alien stuff.
MT is out of print, but much of its content is superceded by the two FBs
(yes, before everyone says it, I KNOW there is a bit of fighter stuff
that
hasn't been reprinted yet, but I'm sure there are several listers who'll
happily help you on that, and EVENTUALLY I'll get the files over to Paul
put some PDFs on the website....)

If it helps, [SHAMELESS COMMERCIAL PLUG] we can offer all three books
(normally 8.00 UKP each) as a package for just 20 UKP plus p&p, through
the
online store; it's NOT listed as an option on the store, it's normally
something I offer directly to newcomers who ask exactly this question -
but
I'm hereby extending the offer to anyone on the list (and feel free to
pass
it on to friends); to take it up, just order the three books normally on
the store site, but mention in the "comments" field about the
3-for-20-pounds offer - we'll make the price adjustment for you.

Jon (GZG)

www.gzg.com

>2B^2

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.

Prev: Re: [OT] Coming to Europe for a couple of weeks ... Next: Re: [SG] Evil Empire