Prev: Re: SG mod rules was Space Dwarves Next: Re[2]: [OT] Black Hawk Down

Re: [FT,DSII] From MT Re: Ortillery

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:54:15 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT,DSII] From MT Re: Ortillery

Charles Taylor wrote:

>Very probably, another possibility is that a ship that low is within
>range of long-range fire from the surface :-)

Possible.  Although I'm thinking the same interference would hinder fire
AT
the ship.  Maybe there should be a graduated table for Space, Interface,
and
Atmosphere, which determines what units can and can't hit each other...

>Bearing in mind, all this assumes that one side has space superiority,
>an interesting idea would be to run a synchronised FT/DS scenario,
where
>the ships providing orbital fire may need to reserve some of their
>firecons for use against hostile forces, and may even be forced to
leave
>orbit.
>
>Hmm.. how about an asymmetric scenario, say a planetary invasion - one
>side has more ships, but only a limited number of ground troops in
play,
>plus some reinforcements if the drop-ships get down safely, while the
>other side has fewer ships (they lost a few slowing the invaders down),
>but lots more ground troops, and easier lines of supply (initially)
>
>Of course, both sides want the planet (or the bit being fought over)
>reasonably intact :-)

Which reminds me a lot of a sourcebook I have for the Renegade Legion
Universe, Operation Distant Fire, which has scenarios for Aerospace (I
forget the RenLeg gaming system name/possibly applicable to FT), Small
unit
actions (Legionnaire to SG?), and larger unit actions (Centurion to
DS2?) -
could make for an interesting generic campaign.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: SG mod rules was Space Dwarves Next: Re[2]: [OT] Black Hawk Down