Prev: Re: [FT] Japanese Ships Next: RE: [OT] Blackhawk Down

DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:11:28 -0800
Subject: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav

I've been working not just on vehicles but concepts for the Cavalry
portion
of the Cascadian Armed Forces.	I started by determining what their
mission(s) will be, and also working out the terms and organization.
I've
borrowed from history, gaming, mixed and matched, and here's the model:

Cascadian Cavalry (CasCav) comes in two flavors:  Armored Cav (Also
called
GravCav), and AirCav.  The platoon-level unit is called a Lance, and
consists of 3-6 vehicles/airframes (Still working on the precise
number).
The company level unit is called a Squadron.  Except for support assets,

Squadrons are usually all of the same kind of Lances.  The next level is
the
Troop.	Troops can be made up of Squadrons of different types, depending
on
their mission.	The highest level of organization for CasCav is the
Regiment
- a term used ONLY in the Cav, not in any other CAF force.

I've decided to mix the old, romanticized uses of Cavalry with more
modern
uses to come up with CasCav's three main missions:  Recon in Force for
main
forces, Rapid deployment/response, and Planetary Colony Garrisons (Other

units will also be assigned this task, but Cav will provide the garrison

equivalent of light armor and LRP).

Given that the Cav must be versatile on their roles, I've decided their
vehicles should be equally versatile.  The idea has been discussed
before -
one basic platform Grav Vehicle, with interchangable mission packs that
change it from an APC to a light tank to an MICV to a Fire Support
Vehicle,
etc.  The basic platform is:

Class 3 AntiGrav (FGP of course)
Armor 3 Stealth 2
Superior ECM (Firecon's linked to the specific Pack)

CasCav does include Infantry, but all PA.  For roles where their mission

mirrors the Armor/MechInf roles, the basic packs are a tank and APC
pack.
For LRP/Garrison/Recon roles, the pack will be more of a MICV/Merkava
type
pack.  Any suggestions/Comments?

Brian B2

Prev: Re: [FT] Japanese Ships Next: RE: [OT] Blackhawk Down