Prev: Re: [SG] Evil Empire Next: GZG Store

Re: plastic ruins

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:41:05 +1100
Subject: Re: plastic ruins

From: "Bob DeAngelis" <bobdea@terra.es>

> Nope they are readily available at 5 pounds a set (good value) . I
bought
> two sets just 3 weeks ago from UK mail order..

> Tony francis replied
> > AFAIK they're long out of production and stock. I think a lot of
people
> > realised how nice they were and snapped 'em all up very soon after
the
> > game was deleted.

Actually... Epic40k hasn't been "deleted" as such. It's not available in
the stores - not even GW stores. It's not even available through Mail
Order in Australia. But maybe 90% of the range *is* available via GW
mail Order in the US or UK, and the plastic is actually not just less
but
heaps less (1/3) of its former price.
The basic infantry is good, for the most part. The more outrageous stuff
is confined to about 10% of a sprue. But the vanilla Space Marines,
Terminators and Devastators are quite alright as generic SF infantry.
The vanilla Orks likewise - and even the Nobz (Ork Nobility) once you
cut off the various banners.
As for the vehicles - I honestly can't recommend any of the Ork stuff,
except as a source of spares. Of the SM stuff, only the Land Speeder
is OK, the rest are baroque, Gothic, and seem quaint by WW1 standards.
OTOH virtually all of the Eldar vehicles are good, generic Aliens.
Though the prize for that should go to the Termagents on the Tyrannid
sprue - but you only get 10 of them for 1 pound 50, much of the rest
of the sprue is unusable except as a source of Alien Wildlife.

Prev: Re: [SG] Evil Empire Next: GZG Store