Prev: RE: [FMAS] FMASuper Next: Re: [FMAS] FMASuper

RE: [FMAS] FMASuper

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:33:17 -0800
Subject: RE: [FMAS] FMASuper

To reply to this and your last e-mail, beth, I was laboring under the
misconception that, just as in DSII, the FMA system in general
discouraged
the use of multiple dice rolled and added up (As in DS II when a roll of
D10
and D 8 means you roll both, and take the higher result).  I suppose you

COULD do some sort of progression like 1D4, 1D6, 1D8, 1D10, 1D12,
1D12+1D4,
1D12+1D6, ETC....

>From: Beth.Fulton@csiro.au
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>Subject: RE: [FMAS] FMASuper
>Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:03:50 +1100
>
>G'day,
>
> > One of the flaws with the FMA system--I'd rather have
> > "5d10+50" instead of just getting bigger dice.
>
>Actually I think the scaling dice system is much better than adding
>modifiers left right and centre and you can always smooth it over with
>multiple dice rather than straight modifiers - thus 2D8 instead of a
D16