Prev: [OT] Champions Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

RE: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

From: "Noel Weer" <noel.weer@v...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:54:07 -0600
Subject: RE: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
[mailto:owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU]On Behalf Of John Atkinson
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 6:21 PM
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

>> I agree, I'm suspecting it will be a hard movie to
>> watch. Knowing the
>> drama and carnage was stuff that really well
>> happened and for once,
>> Hollyweird isn't having to add a lot of drama to the
>> plot (from what
>> little I've heard of the movie).
>
> The worst part was where the medic and an SSG were
> working on a kid's severed artery.
>
>> A major fubar of a mission that should have worked.
>
> Bullshit--it's a goddamn miracle this CF didn't go
> south on a prior mission......

My little bro just left the Corps as a captain. He and I talked about
this
once and he says the story in the Marines is that they were advising the
DF
and the Rangers to forego the mission well in advance, for many of the
reasons John listed.

<SNIPPAGE>>

Prev: [OT] Champions Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?