Prev: RE: Battle Taxis versus Wannabee Tanks Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

RE: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

From: "Bob Makowsky" <rmakowsky@y...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:07:18 -0400
Subject: RE: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

Ok Folks saw this on Saturday down here in Puerto Rico.

A very difficult movie to watch but well worth the experience.

Overall well done.  They told the story straight without any Hollywood
BS.
They stayed very true to facts, tension was super high.  The troops just
reached down, followed their training and realized the only way to
survive
was to keep shooting.  I was very impressed with the accuracy of the
portrayal of the Delta Operatives.  While the highly trained Rangers did
the
job the Delta guys were operating at a whole other level.  Always
pointing
at the highest threat, short bursts, keeping their heads and maintaining
situational awareness while the Company Commander of the Rangers seemed
slowly loose SA and withdraw into himself.

I highly recommend this movie.

As far as a SG scenario it would be work.  Insert Light Infantry Company
into a built up but beat up town.  Add 2 squads of elite troops (Delta).
Allow the elites to operate in 2 man teams.  Surround them with
Hundreds/Thousands of untrained and shoddy militia.  Give each militia
at
least an automatic rifle.  Put a couple militia teams of IVARS used in
anti
air role.  Shoot for a long time.  Add a convoy that goes the wrong
direction every time it moves. <G>  Roll lots of dice.	See if the
troops
can get out.

Magic