Prev: Re: [SG] comparing SG Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG

Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:47:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

At 12:39 PM -0600 1/22/02, Don M wrote:

>Mark,
>      Sorry dude, I'm working up the nerve to go see it.....

I agree, I'm suspecting it will be a hard movie to watch. Knowing the
drama and carnage was stuff that really well happened and for once,
Hollyweird isn't having to add a lot of drama to the plot (from what
little I've heard of the movie).

A major fubar of a mission that should have worked. The threat that
RPG-7's cause to Helo's wasn't well recognized. Not having armour at
hand to bull their way in was another problem. The fact that every
mother's son that had an AK in the area decided to come over and take
a pot shot also didn't help.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			       '72 Honda CB750 -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill	      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
- C&R-FFL - /	Protect Freedom AND Security	  \	       -
-    NRA   /  http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/   \ DoD #0780 -

Prev: Re: [SG] comparing SG Next: Re: [SG] comparing SG