Prev: Re: Jon of Needham and the ORC Next: Re: Jon of Needham and the ORC

Re: off topic and weird redux, mega fleet deal, mm

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 10:16:27 +0000
Subject: Re: off topic and weird redux, mega fleet deal, mm

>And finally, though I'm sure this is a repeat on this
>list-- 6mm, 15mm, 25mm, etc. is size relative to what
>when describing miniatures?  The size of a 'person'?
>The equivalent to a fixed length (1m maybe)?

It's the standard Wargame terminology for scale, and represents the
average
height of a human figure - there are many slight variations of opinion
as
to exactly how it is defined, but we've always taken it to be the height
from ground to EYE LEVEL of an average male figure standing straight -
so a
"true" 25mm" figure will be about 25mm to eye-level, plus another couple
of
mm to top of head or whatever headgear he is wearing - maybe 27-28mm
overall height.

Jon (GZG)