Prev: Re: Metal Storm (Long-ish) Next: off topic and weird redux, mega fleet deal, mm

Re: Metal Storm (Long-ish)

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:30:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Metal Storm (Long-ish)

Brian Bilderback wrote:

> I read somewhere that there was a PDS system based on the GAU-8 that
> competed with the CSWS, and it was more effective, but it was rejected
> because it would have to be mounted like a turret, not bolted to the
deck.
> Of course, this is what i HEARD, I can't confirm or deny.  Bit a DPU
PDS....
> good lord....

That would be the goalkeeper which, as far as reloading is concerned,
beats
metalstorm by having a feedchute from belowdecks restock the mount,
probably as
it expends ammunition.	However, the phalanx merely consumes deckspace
and
topweight.  No real deck penetrations, so you can bolt one down anywhere
you can
drill through the deck.

Prev: Re: Metal Storm (Long-ish) Next: off topic and weird redux, mega fleet deal, mm