Prev: Re: [OT] minor rant was Re: Ganas Next: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)

Still OT was Re: Ganas

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:35:04 EST
Subject: Still OT was Re: Ganas

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:05:10 -0800 "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com> writes:
>Glenn M Wilson
>
>>And where else but on this list could I get such a refreshing
>reminder
>>that Hispanics (like any other group) are not all cookie cutter
>people.
>
>The only cookie-cutter impression I've gotten from Hispanics is that
>they
>tend to be gracious, polite, and hospitable to a fault.
>
>Brian B2

Could you come talk to some of my co-workers?

I am so tired of hearing, "Funny, you don't look Mexican."  I'm not.
And
my Tia Maria (who is) doesn't look like most of my old classmates (who
were either Mexican-American or what we now call 'undocumented' Mexican
workers' kids) back in the 1960's who varied a whole lot.

And thank you, I'll try and live up to those kind words.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Prev: Re: [OT] minor rant was Re: Ganas Next: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)