Prev: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish) Next: Re[5]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:33:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

--- Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

> If your grunts are moving faster than 30 m/s towards
> the vehicle, I'd guess
> that they just ate a *lot* of HE and thus won't
> notice if the PDS opens up
> at them too...

One would HOPE that there's not a short in the system
that would confuse the little radars.

It just makes me nervous--but then I actually have
risked my life on the assumption that military
technology would work as designed.  It's not a good
feeling.

There are a lot of possible mistakes, ranging from a
shorted-out sensor system, to an incoming missle
that's just coming from about the same angle your
squad is, or whatever.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish) Next: Re[5]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)