Prev: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish) Next: Re[6]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:40:38 +0100
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

John Atkinson wrote:

>I cringe when I think about PDS on a troop carrier,
>for much the same reasons I have for disliking
>reactive armor.  All it takes is one minor malfunction
>of the IFF system and all of a sudden your squad is
>mistaken for slow-moving missles.  Just my personal
>problem.

Exactly how slowly are your missiles moving?

If your grunts are moving faster than 30 m/s towards the vehicle, I'd
guess
that they just ate a *lot* of HE and thus won't notice if the PDS opens
up
at them too...

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish) Next: Re[6]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)