Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: Metal Storm

Re: Re: OT: Technology alert - guns that fire 1,000,000 rounds per minute

From: aebrain@a... (Alan E Brain)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:46:56 +1100
Subject: Re: Re: OT: Technology alert - guns that fire 1,000,000 rounds per minute

> I remember this coming by before, but I hadn't bothered to look at the
> video.  Definitely falls into the "Gee whiz cool" category.  Even if
it
> never does much it's cool to look at.

Disclaimer: I have a few thousand shares in the company, so am biassed.

The firm took a slight hit when a retired General, one of the major
shareholders and directors, got dragooned into being the Head of
Homeland Security (ie Anti-terrorists-r-us) recently. So the firm's lost
its major supporter in the US Military (a retired general can do things
a serving general is ethically constrained from doing - like pushing a
technology he strongly believes in, and has therefore invested in).

The main action is in the R&D area of Sniper Rifles and
Minefield-substitutes. With the Aussie $ at 51c US, even a few million
US buys a LOT of research here.

And yes, it is as they say, "Way Cool".

Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: Metal Storm