Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: OT: Technology alert - guns that fire 1,000,000 rounds per minute

Re: [DSII] Building Scale in DS2

From: jmodule@y...
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:57:57 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] Building Scale in DS2

On 15 Jan 2002, at 12:58, Tony Francis wrote:

> "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" wrote:
> >
> > Freeway overpass
>
> Guessing at 30 to 40mm. Better ask a civil engineer (if you can find
> one, otherwise an uncivil one will have to do :-) )

Both in Pennsylvania and here in North Carolina I have seen signs
that warn the maximum height for vehicles going under the pass
was 14.5 feet (IIRC). Of course these are the exceptions, and  I
would expect that most overpasses that cross big highways would
be closer to Tony's guess.

I'm working on modeling a small overpass and I've made the height
about 20 mm since that was the thickness of two foam sheets that
I was using to build up the road way.  It looks fine when compared
to my 1/300 Valentine XI's.

> 20-25 feet ? Most cars are 6 feet wide, and a gap of 2-3 feet either
> side looks about right for the road outside my office (although this
is
> hardly a main road).

Around 24 feet for rural roads in NC.

Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: OT: Technology alert - guns that fire 1,000,000 rounds per minute