Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Offers and stuff! Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:47:10 -0800
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 2:07 PM

> --- Noel Weer <noel.weer@verizon.net> wrote:

> > You have the missile threat covered with the ECM and
> > PDS, so if you make the

> My tank destroyers can still kill them--size 2 with
> 2xGMS/H Sup.

I'm already using reactive armor on a lot of my vehicles that expect to
see
urban action, where it doubles their survivability in close quarters,
but I
start to wonder if equipping most any large vehicle with it wouldn't be
bad idea. Even a GMS/H would have a bit of trouble penetrating armor
5R...
(cont below)

> > armor ablative than you mitigate HEL threats as
> > well, maximizing the armor's
> > efficiency (fitting nicely with the survival aspect
> > of the Cascadia
> > doctrine).

> But still dies to MDC/HKP.

...but yeah, MDCs won't have armor penetration problems.  These things
are
deadly enough in most any sort of halfway open terrain that they present
very strong deterrent for a tank commander to give the order to leave
home
at all.  Stealth isn't even worth it... it's cheaper to bring along
engineers and dig in for the defensive bonus you get, although that
might be
asking for it from concentrated artillery or air assault.

-Is- there really a feasible way to keep tanks alive against MDC-5s with
Superior FireCon, other than basically hiding them until you can take
them
out with something else?

Stilts

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Offers and stuff! Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.