Prev: RE: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:01:18 -0800
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Jon Davis wrote:

>Actually, if you drop the PDS and backup systems and one
>level of stealth and armor,

All unacceptable in CAF (Cascadian Armed Forces) doctrine.  They don't
have
a lot of crews to spare, and definitely don't buy into "You can buy two
for
one and afford to lose one", they'd prefer to increase individual
vehicle
survivability.

you can get a size 4
>fast tracked vehicle with a MDC/5 - Superior FC, RFAC/2
>and superior ECM for about 310 points.

I'm tempted to ditch the RFAC and one APSW, and go with C4 with an MDC
5, free APSW, SPDS, and APFC.  But that drop in armor may be too much.
Even
a class 4 would be stealthed out in Cascadian designs.

>It will still have the same firepower and target die with
>slightly less defense.
>
>But...
>
>If it's in character with your nation, go for it.
>A tank design can always be politically motivated by some
>obnoxious general or political hawk in whatever government
>your nation has.

Not necessarily the motivation for such a design.  The Cascadians focus
on a
small, well-armed force capable of defending Cascadian interests, with a

respectable but definitely not US-like force projection capability.

Brian B2

Prev: RE: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.